** Two English Mums with 28 years experience living in France! **
Accommodation searches short, medium & long term
Help with house purchases (we are not an estate agent, therefore totally without bias)
Help with Utilities - English speaking contacts for all requirements (Banking, Insurance....)
English TV installation - Telephone & internet installations
Holiday Home / Gite Management (15 years experience in the UK Travel Industry)
Making friends - Helping with schools, creches, nannies, shopping, home-making...
We charge an hourly rate or part thereof
Our overall aim? To get you independent as quickly and painlessly as possible
Telling you how it is, no rose-tinted spectacles here.

Healthcare changes in France

From the British Embassy's front page....

Access to the French healthcare system for early retirees from other EU countries.
We have held further discussions with the French Health Ministry and have established that the French Government has now changed its position regarding access to the French healthcare system for early retirees from other EU countries already residing in France.

According to the French Government's published statement (http://www.securite-sociale.fr) the position is:

a.. All inactive EU citizens already accessing CMU healthcare coverage will continue to do so until 31 March 2008 after which they will be required to have their own personal medical insurance, unless their inactive status changes in the meantime.
b.. All inactive EU citizens under retirement age (ie those already resident in France and those planning to move in future) who are not entitled to healthcare reimbursement (through the E106 or E109 forms), will be required to have their own personal medical insurance until they reach UK retirement age (and therefore qualify for entitlement to the E121 form), or until they qualify as a French resident (which is after 5 years of regular, uninterrupted residence).
c.. People already over retirement age who are holders of an E121 which is registered with the French authorities will remain unaffected.
This information is based on what we have been told by the French authorities. We suggest people seek further information from one or more of the following:

CPAM - The French Health Service (English language service): +33 8 20 90 42 12

CLEISS - (France's helpdesk for international mobility and social security):
11 rue de la tour des Dames
75436 Paris cedex 09
Tel: +33 1 45 26 33 41 www.cleiss.fr

DWP Overseas Medical Benefits line (+44 191 218 1999) (Monday to Friday 8am-8pm)
International Pension Centre
Department for Work and Pensions
Room TC001
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road
Newcastle upon Tyne NE98 1BA
or for press enquiries: Department of Health Press Office: +(44) 207 210 5221

French Help Services
Property Viewings? Already Here? Moving In? Translations & French Lessons
Relocation and Help in Montpellier, Herault & the Gard departments. Troubleshooting for those already here.

No comments: