In this edition we have...
- Tots to Travel NOW has Lanzarote properties on offer
- Our fave special deal (includes food!)
- Top tips on planning a car journey
- Ever thought of starting a new life overseas? Here are some 'must read' thoughts...
More than anything we WANT to hear what you think so do keep in touch! It's easy - call us anytime, we would love to hear from you (email@example.com or telephone 0870 458 5528)subscribe to our BLOG or follow me on Twitter (Totstotravelmum).
My favourite special deal includes gourmet food
My favourite special at the moment is the offer of a FREE gourmet meal when you arrive at the 3 bedroom Cottage in the south west of France. Judy is the MOST fabulous cook so a promise of a delicious homecooked meal would have me there like a shot – anything not to have to cook!
This 3 bedroom property is very sweet, set in plenty of garden with a pool and oodles of French charm. The nearest village is Cordes sur Ciel which is a pretty hilltop village and there is plenty to do and see in this lovely corner of France.
There are only two weeks remaining at this little gem (27th June 09 and 11th July 09) so be quick if you want to take advantage of this offer.
Of course there are plenty of other ‘specials’ so check out this page to find something that suits you and your family or contact us anytime for our thoughts!
We will even provide a shortlist of properties for you to save you time. Just ASK or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the spotlight: lanzarote
With all year round sun, white sandy beaches, hidden coves and clear waters it is easy to see why Lanzarote is a natural hit with families. And with two Tots properties on the island, we can now blend our successful (award winning!) family friendly concept with an all year round, family friendly destination!
Here’s a little taster of what’s on offer!
- Ideal for a family of 4-6 plus 1 baby in a cot
- 15 min walk to 5* Marina Rubicon
- Electrically heated pool with safety cover
- Flexible arrival days
- English speaking baby sitting
- Welcome pack on request
- Baby pack on request
This is a spacious modern family villa close to amenities yet in a peaceful location, a true home away from home located in an up-market family-friendly holiday resort with all year sunshine! The villa is immaculately furnished and equipped to provide a high level of comfort and convenience.
Price: from £695.00 p/wk
Casa Parque de Rey
- 15 minute walk to resort centre and all amenities
- Heated, enclosed pool
- Welcome pack provided
- Baby pack available on request
- English speaking babysitting available
- Lovely mountain views
This is a lovely semi-detached villa in a really great location. It is well equipped and maintained providing a wonderful setting for a family holiday in near year-round sunshine! It is a well maintained and excellently presented family holiday home close to the resort centre of Playa Blanca. The villa is furnished and equipped to a high modern standard. It features a private electrically heated pool (6x3m) in the tropical front garden which is surrounded by low volcanic walls; in the back garden (which is totally private) there is a children's play area with slide.
Price: from £565.00 p/wk
To find out more, do call us anytime, our number is 0870 458 5528 or email email@example.com
Top travel tips: planning your car journey
Planning a long car journey with small kids can be a daunting prospect so here are some tips to help make it easier. Most of all do as much as you can to keep your stress levels (and your partners' stress levels) as low as possible. The worst car journeys are those where you start off stressed!
1. Be organised! Do write a list of things that you need to pack and run through it before you leave.
2. Avoid last minute stress! Don’t leave packing the car until the last minute – it always takes longer than you think and adds stress.
3. Fill up! Likewise, try to remember to fill the car up with petrol a few days before your journey. It’s one less thing to do!
4. Snack attack! Put together a bag of snacks and drinks that are easily accessible, likewise keep your nappy changing bag, pram and coats near the top so that they are easy to find when you stop for a break.
5. Mapwork! Have a good up to date map close at hand.
6. Plan your route: If you do not have a Sat Nav then do use one of the online route planners such as www.viamichelin.com or the AA route planner. Getting lost is very stressful!
7. Are we there yet? Your Sat Nav or online route planner will tell you how long your journey is and will allow you to plan enough time to get there and plan for breaks en-route.
8. Night drive: Consider driving overnight so that your children can sleep for most of the journey (but make sure you plan to share the driving).
9. Plan a picnic: Stopping at a restaurant or at a service station for food is expensive, time consuming and often very disappointing. Consider packing a picnic.
Please do let us know if you have any special tips that you use – we would love to hear them!
dreaming of a move to france? ...read on!
Wendy Johnson is a mum of two (including a very recent babe!) and is not only our mum-on the-ground in the south of France, finding and vetting the best holiday properties for us, but she also runs her own very successful business – www.moving-to-montpellier.com - helping families to relocate to France.
Here we probe her about life in France...
What made you come to France?
It was a question of wanting to live in a big house in the countryside, with a smaller mortgage and non-stop sunshine!
What do you do for Tots to Travel?
I visit lovely properties from the Italian border down to Spain... I ensure their suitability for families and advise houseowners on how they can make their properties even better. I've seen to too many properties that would make you weep and would spoil your holiday so I only choose the very best!
What does www.moving-to-montpellier.com do?
Moving to a new country is a big deal so I help people who are already here and those coming to the area with everything from finding a property through to installing broadband internet connections. I find that I am constantly asked questions about everything from schooling to finding work.
Can we have 3 tips for families looking to move to France?
1) France is made for families! - Don't be afraid of moving kids here, they'll adapt better than you!
2) Don't think of immediately putting your kids into bilingual schools - you won't believe how fast kids up to the age of 11yrs learn the language.
3) Remember that if you have 3 kids in France you pay no income tax!
What do you wish you had known before you moved to France?
It's not what you know.. it's who you know! Don't do anything or go anywhere without an introduction.
What do you love most about where you live?
Montpellier is a vibrant and growing city which is only 6kms from the Med and full of young people. The mountains are only 1 hour away.
What gets up your nose?
Nobody calls you back... and the paperwork is crippling.
Is there anything else that families should consider before make the move?
Make sure you have work and healthcare in place before you even consider moving... Parents worry more about moving the kids here and how they will settle in but that is really the easiest thing. From a child care perspective France is made for families and a more structured education system benefits the children.
If you would like to get in touch with Wendy directly you can contact her on www.moving-to-montpellier.com