This is a nice article - but it's funny now to me, as when people make a comment about dipping bread into hot drinks, it now seems odd not to (for breakfast anyway!)
1. Traditional French culture places a high priority on the enjoyment of food. The French view eating as not just a neutral act, but as a culture.
2. France has a different cheese for almost everyday of the year.
3. In France, people eat approximately 500,000,000 snails per year.
4. Ten billion baguettes are produced each year in France. By law, a traditional baguette can only have three ingredients: flour, yeast and salt, and must weigh 250 grams, just short of 9 ounces.
5. To help with the rising obesity in France, Starbucks has opened 46 stores in Paris and Lyon